This is for one Brand New Cuisinart 6 Quart Pressure Cooker Electric 1000 Watts Stainless Steel. Cut cooking times up to 70-percent compared to traditional stovetop methods with this 6-quart electric pressure cooker. The pot's tight seal locks in vitamins and minerals for healthy, great-tasting meals like soup, chili, and other one-dish entrees. Its controls include preprogrammed settings for high- or low-pressure cooking, browning, simmering, sautéing, and warming. In addition, the unit's push-button controls and easy-to-read digital display eliminate guesswork, while its precision thermostat regulates temperatures.
Other highlights include a 99-minute timer with an LED countdown display, cool-touch side handles, and a nonstick dishwasher-safe cooking pot and trivet. Housed in fingerprint-proof brushed stainless steel, the 1000-watt pressure cooker measures 12-1/5 by 12-1/5 by 13-1/5 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
- Open and Close Lid Safety Device: The appliance will not start pressurizing until the lid is closed and locked properly. The lid cannot be opened if the appliance is filled with pressure.
- Pressure Control Device: The correct pressure level is automatically maintained during the cooking cycle.
- Pressure Limit Value: The pressure limit valve will release air automatically when the pressure inside exceeds the preset temperature.
- Anti-Block Cover: Prevents any food material from blocking the pressure limit valve.
- Pressure Relief Device: When the pressure cooker reaches the maximum allowable pressure and temperature, the cooking pot will move down until the lid separates from the sealing ring, releasing the air pressure.
- Thermostat: The power will automatically shut off when the cooking pot temperature reaches the preset value or the pressure cooker is heating without any food inside.
- Thermal Fuse: The circuit will be opened when the pressure cooker reaches the maximum temperature.
- Low Pressure
- High Pressure
- Browning: This preset allows cooking over high heat, without the lid, before pressure cooking. Browning food in a small amount of fat in this way seals the outer surfaces of meats and vegetables, producing a visually appealing, flavorful exterior with a moist, tender interior.
- Sauté: The preset temperature, done prior to pressure cooking with lid removed, allows you to quickly soften vegetables in small amount of fat or liquid without browning, and to cook items such as rice for pilafs and risottos.
- Simmer: This preset temperature allows you to cook liquids at lower temperature. It is primarily used to finish cooking some items, for example, when you want to add ingredients to a risotto, sauce, or stew or to continue the cooking process to achieve texture.
- Keep Warm: Holds and keeps cooked food warm for up to 12 hours.
Tips & Hints:
- Many family favorites can be easily adapted for preparation in your Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker: Soups, stews, side dishes, and more.
- The amount of liquid needed is much less than for traditional cooking methods.
- More nutrients are preserved during pressure cooking than with traditional cooking methods, as less liquid is used and thus fewer nutrients are lost to evaporation.
- In general, cooking time will be at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the traditional cooking time. Reduce your cooking liquid by at least half and you may wish to add vegetables at the end of cooking to avoid overcooking. To adapt you own recipes, find a similar one in the included recipe book and use it as a guide or use any of the many recipes provided. The recipe book includes everything from appetizers to desserts and with even more options in between:
- - Artichoke appetizer
- - Hummus
- - Wheat Berry and Vegetable salad
- - Cuban Black Bean Soup
- - Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms
- - Corn Pudding
- - Risotto Primavera
- - Chicken with Herb Dumplings
- - Turkey Chile
- - Lemon Cheesecake
- - Ginger Steamed Pears with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Cream
- NON-STICK cooking pot for EASY clean up